Thursday 14 April 2011

Yoga Yoga Yoga



So, it's been a while since I wrote anything and I promised myself I'd start doing this properly so here's an update of everything that's been going on since I dropped out of college to pursue my modelling ambition (couldn't think of a better way to put that, I'm going to sound like a twat regardless unless you know me).


Something that was recommended to me by my agents is Bikram Yoga, it has changed my life.


For those of you who don't have a clue, it consists of doing 26 postures (intense stretches) twice each in a room heated to 40 degrees. 2 breathing exercises also form part of each class which lasts 90 minutes.




At first I must admit I was unimpressed by the idea of committing 90mins of my life 3 - 5 times a week in order to be trapped in what feels like a sauna with a bunch f yummy mummies and freakishly stretchy yoga buffs.


Having said this, rather than being somewhat disappointed in what I felt was basically exercise for people who don't exercise I was surprised and frustrated to find that my first class was extremely challenging.


Not only did I feel dizzy and nauseous for the first time in my life during exercise but these so called 'stretches' were extremely reliant on core strength, flexibility and balance (have a go at the picture above why don't you).


I'm about 2 months in and I can honestly say that although I dread going to class, I am fitter, more toned and more flexible than I ever have been. Thanks to Bikram Yoga I have realized my body's full potential.


I thoroughly recommend trying it to anyone who hasn't, it's a good release for stress and a brilliant way t lose weight and tone up.

No comments:

Post a Comment